Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Several years ago I came upon a book by Michael Yaconelli entitled "Messy Spirituality". The subtitle says it if not all at least well "God's annoying love for imperfect people."

If you've had some rough sledding in life and especially in church like me, I think you'll find this short book to be an epiphany. I still sport extruder marks from the Play-dough factory of my Christian experience of yore so things like "Unspiritual Growth" and "Odd Discipleship" piqued my very intense interest.

Or as Brennan Manning's friend in New Orleans banner reads on her living room wall "Today I'll not should on my self". Someone tells her she should go back to college, go on the mission field, or she should do some thing she replies, "Don't should on me." I dare you to say that and not smile.
John

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John,

I am a long time lurker on FactNet, and I just want to let you know that reading your posts reminds me of who Jesus really is. He loves sinners. Plain and simple. Thank you, Jesus.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home