Sunday, August 06, 2006

Is you is, or is you isn't?

Someday I hope the polarizing questions we ask and thrive on aren't the foodstuffs of our ephemeral selves. The liberalism and conservatism of moderninity I hope give way to progression and cooperation.

I am a believer in the "vive la difference" of life that diversification is healthy, but polarizing ourselves into warring factions is an autoimmune disease of our church and our culture and mankind. How do we do this? As a post modern which is what we are like the label or not we carry forward the germ of humanity in its quest for discovery including the discovery of God. Post medievalism-moderninity thrived on change and languished in conflict and competition; the denominations exist today because of this competition. Brian Mclaren writes about this issue in his book "Generous Orthodoxy".

For a person who doesn't quite know whether to label myself a post charismatic I prefer to just be a Christian for now. For some of us I think we have a need to know what it is we know, I can say that for me I'm learning about who I know-Jesus among others, and about knowing who is me.
John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home