Sunday, November 19, 2006

The holiday season is here and I wanted to share a thought. Some have given us a time for introspection at this time of the year something to be thankful for etc., etc. Or we're given to the lamentation of our gluttony, our excess, our materialism and so on. I like to watch the Christmas Carol; the Patrick Stewart rendition of this holiday classic is my favorite. In it people’s passing may be mourned, Marley's by a solitary figure, later Scrooge's passing marked by a few wry jokes and the quibbling over his possessions seem to have sealed his doom. This led to an epiphany for him and maybe for us. (Since it is the season of such as well.)

Do we give people reason for celebration of our presence or of our passing. In this presence it doesn't allow that we be the life of the party, but are we the life of life, or are we the life that when over is greeted with relief? I have begun to ask myself will I enhance the bouquet of someone's life, add savor to their feast, comfort to their ailing, consolation to their doubts. Will I enjoy life at the expense of others or will I make life enjoyable. The Jewish faith is replete with feasts and celebrations, a place in the human existence to exult in the goodness of God. We give into our pleasure as American Christians and seek to remember as well that we are a blessed nation. Might we as one blessed give others a reason to reflect on their blessedness as well?
John

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it does not disappoint me just as much as this particular one.

I mean, Yes, it was my choice to read through, but I really believed you would probably have something helpful to talk
about. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could possibly fix if you were
not too busy seeking attention.

My webpage dailynews

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site you have here.. Itís hard to find high quality writing like
yours these days. I truly appreciate individuals like you!
Take care!!

Review my web site - angry birds online spielen

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home